Main Logo for Providence College

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Transfer Coursework from Other Colleges and Universities​

  1. If you want to take courses at another institution, your first step is to consult your academic advisor, class dean, and/or your Cyberfriar Audit Evaluation to determine your unfulfilled degree requirements.
  2. Identify one or more specific courses at an accredited college/university that you believe will fulfill one of your requirements.
  3. Check the Transfer Course Database to learn if the course is currently transferable.If the course is in the database, you will know whether the course will be accepted for transfer and how it will transfer onto your PC transcript.If the course you are interested in taking is not in the database, it has not yet been articulated for transfer to PC. In this case, you must provide a course syllabus (via email attachment to Katherine Ricci,, Coordinator of Transfer Credit Evaluation).  The course will then be reviewed for transfer review/articulation. You will receive an email at your PC address within 7 working days informing you of the outcome of the transfer course review.
  4. Once you have found courses that will be accepted for transfer, please schedule an appointment with your class dean in Harkins 213 by calling 401.865.2495 to fill out the Course Approval Form.
  5. You must then register at the college/university for the approved course, and ensure that an official transcript is sent to the Office of the Registrar at Providence College (Harkins 310) upon successful completion of the course. “Successful completion” means earning a “C” or better. Please remember that while credits for the approved course and its PC equivalent will be included on your PC transcript, the grade will be recorded as a “T” and will not affect your GPA.
  6. Transfer Course Approval Form